Tuesday, 8 July 2008

Rock the Bells, London September 20th 2008


Since its announcemnet earlier this year I like many UK Hip Hop heads have been trying to get more information about the UK leg of the Rock the Bells tours that will be tearing up stages across the US this summer. Some more details have come out about the line up of the concert scheduled for September the 20th at London's O2. Appearing on the night will be; A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Mos Def, De La Soul, Method Man & Redman, Raekwon, Ghostface, Dead Prez, The Cool Kids, The Pharcyde and some more yet to be announced artists. However tickets are'nt available for this yet and its not even listed on the O2's website. In fact the only show listed for September the 20th at the O2 is Howard Jones. The line up has also changed since it was first announced. Rakim's name has already been dropped from the line up, no surprise there as Rakim has already cancelled two UK jams in the last year.
The line up does look great. The tickets will be expensive and I prefer to see artists in smaller venues but I for one would not miss the chance to see Tribe back together again. Whether or not the concert actually happens is the next question.

2 comments:

DJ MK said...

its cancelled i think...

SAJR said...

Cancelled, shit was never gonna happen