Friday 26 December 2008

Dodgy Bootlegs Number 2-Mobb Deep and Cormega Killaz Theme


This is the second in my series of dodgy 90's bootlegs and this time its the turn of Mobb Deep and Cormega. I picked this up in the long since closed Unity records in London's SoHo back in the late nineties. Its a dope Havoc produced Mobb Deep and Cormega joint that I've only ever seen on this particular bootleg although it was rumored to be from the original version of Cormega's shelved Def Jam album Testamant.
Its a darkly orchestral beat typical of Havoc at that time and the lyrics are the usual crime riddled, morbid threats that those Queensbridge kids throw about so well. Prodigy handles the first verse, Cormega the second and Hav drops the last one. Prodigy's verse is the strongest in my opinion with this classic quote;
'Overdose music
It's theraputic to the user
Driving wild under the influence of this
Careful, cuz ya might just crash ya shit
Total ya whip and still pull my tape out the deck'
Pure Queensbridge Classic. Check the link

Q.B.C. representative, I'm just trying to live
If I can't get to you, I'ma take it to ya kids

1 comment:

Apani said...

Thank you for this!

Jazz is Dead Volume 1 review

Title: Jazz Is Dead Volume 2 Artist: Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammad featuring various artists Release date: 20th March 2020 ...